Flu Fears Spread Among Gator Football Team
The recent rash of flu-like symptoms across the United States-and within college football-has Florida football head coach Urban Meyer all ears. With sophomore running back Jeff Demps and junior tight end Aaron Hernandez both suffering from flu-like symptoms already, Meyer called his attention to the problem, "a panic level of a proportion I've never seen before...and that's coming from me."
"We're trying the best we can because it's real," Meyer said during a Sunday teleconference.
"Jeff (Demps) didn't look right (leading up to the game)."
The Gators training staff has tried to take as many precautions as possible, giving all players flu shots and placing hand sanitizers around the player areas.
- Swine Flu Sacks HS Football Team
- Safety First: The Florida Gator Football Team Looks To Fill A Pressing Need
- Janoris Jenkins Dismissed from Gator Football Team
- Gator Football Team Gives Back At The Salvation Army
- Volleyball, Soccer Teams Avenge Gator Football with Wins Over SEC West Rivals
- Leonard Reinstated To Gator Football Team, Quinn Sees Linebacker Improvement
- Graham Stewart to Transfer From Gator Football Team
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- Florida Gator Football Team Prepares for South Carolina
- Gator Football Team Prepares for Toledo