Gators Number One in First BCS Poll, Drop to 2 in AP
The Florida Gator football team dropped in one ranking system, but still hold the top spot in the one that matters most.
Florida is number one in the first BCS poll of the 2009 season, which means the Gators control their own destiny if they wish to return to the national championship game. Meanwhile the Gators did fall to number two in the Associated Press poll, a poll in which Alabama takes over at number one.
"Somebody said we dropped to number two, but I'm not worried about it," said Gator offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey. "We're six and oh, and that's fine with me."
The Gators (6-0, 4-0) hit the road next weekend to face Mississippi State and former Gator offensive coordinator Dan Mullen, while the Crimson Tide (7-0, 4-0) host rival Tennessee.
- First BCS Poll
- Gator Football Drops a Spot to 19 in AP Poll
- Gators Drop to 20 in Newest AP Poll
- Gators 5th in first Coach's Poll
- We're Number One! Gator Lacrosse Top Seed in NCAA Tournament
- Gator Women Drop Tough One
- Gator Baseball Drops Game One Of Super Regional
- Gator Women Hoops Drop Another One
- Gator Baseball Rolling Along; Win First One Versus Jacksonville
- Gator Gymnastics Falls One-Tenth Short of First NCAA Title