Tishman Now Eligible for the Gators
Israeli guard Nimrod Tishman is eligible to play for Florida. Coach Billy Donovan says the NCAA cleared Tishman, a 6-foot-5 freshman from Tel Aviv, Israel, this week. He already had been cleared to practice.
Tishman averaged 18 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists at the Under-18 European Championships in France this summer. He also played for the club team Maccabi-Tel Aviv during high school.
Donovan has low expectations for Tishman this season, though, saying he will play behind guards Erving Walker, Kenny Boynton and Ray Shipman. Donovan started recruiting Tishman after Nick Calathes announced in March he would forgo his final two years of eligibility and enter the NBA draft. Calathes is playing with Euroleague team Panathinaikos based in Greece.
- Gator Basketball Hopeful Chris Walker Becomes Eligible
- Kickoff Now Set for Gator Football Season Opener
- Gators Baseball Falls at Georgia 3-1, Series Now Even
- Gators Now Chasing Bulldogs In Standings, Rankings
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Swimmer Beisel Now Swimming with the Gators
- Former Gator Thaddeus Bullard Now Goes By Titus O'Neill
- Former Gator Boss Now Leading High School Alma Mater
- Chris Walker Working to Become Eligible to Play
- Donovan Now on Twitter- Tweet, Tweet!
- "Tebow" Now in Horse Racing