Gators Coast by Dolphins on Hardwood
Gators sophomore guard Erving Walker scored 18 points, Kenny Boynton added 15 and #13 Florida used 12 3-pointers to beat Jacksonville 85-67 on Friday night. The Gators won their ninth straight in the series and improved to 8-0 for just the third time in school history. Florida started 17-0 in 2005-06, the year coach Billy Donovan's program won the first of consecutive national championships. Vernon Macklin added 16 points and Dan Werner chipped in 13 as
the Gators won their first road game of the season. This one came at Veterans Memorial Arena, where the Gators improved to 7-0 all-time and enjoyed a home-court advantage just 75 miles from campus.
Florida hopes to be back in Jacksonville in March for the first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament. If the Gators keep shooting like they did Friday, they would be hard to beat.
- Gators Top Seminoles on Hardwood
- Gators Upset #2 on Hardwood
- Gators Rout Blue Hose on Hardwood
- Gators Collar Bulldogs on Hardwood
- Tigers Dominate Gators on Hardwood
- Gators Top Volunteers on Hardwood
- Wildcats Scratch Gators on Hardwood
- Gator Baseball Tops Dolphins
- Four Former Gators Suit Up as NFL Rookies for Jags vs Dolphins
- Gators Hoops Upset at Home, Dolphins Win in Overtime 71-68