Schumacher, Wilkerson, Line and Krawiec Win Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals
Tony Schumacher raced to his first victory of the season and in the process moved into the NHRA Full Throttle Series points lead Sunday at the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals at Gainesville Raceway. Tim Wilkerson, Jason Line and Eddie Krawiec also were winners in their respective categories at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series event. Schumacher earned his fourth Gatornationals win and 62nd of his career by powering his U.S. Army dragster to a performance of 3.797 seconds at 322.04 mph while teammate Antron Brown’s Matco Tools dragster lost traction in the runner-up effort. Wilkerson scored his 14th career victory by holding off defending race winner and teammate Bob Tasca in the Funny Car final. Wilkerson’s Levi, Ray & Shoup Ford Mustang finished in 4.097 at 303.78, while Tasca’s Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang trailed with a 4.192 at 287.17. Line used a quicker reaction time to defeat Mike Edwards in the Pro Stock final. Line claimed his 21st career win, first of the season and second-straight at this event with a winning performance of 6.581 at 210.14 in his Summit Racing Pontiac GXP to overcome Edwards’ quicker, but losing Penhall/Interstate Batteries GXP, which posted a 6.556 at 211.16.
In Pro Stock Motorcycle, Krawiec claimed his sixth career victory with a 6.899 at 195.68 on his Screamin’ Eagle/Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson to beat surprise finalist Shawn Gann, who posted a 6.908 at 194.21 on his RumBum Buell. It was Gann’s first final round appearance since 2004.
Top qualifier Karen Stoffer earned a 20-point bonus for setting the national elapsed time record with a 6.847-second run on her GEICO Powersports Suzuki in the first-round, but was upset in the quarterfinals by Gann.
1. Tony Schumacher 2. Antron Brown 3. Larry Dixon 4. Shawn Langdon
1. Tim Wilkerson 2. Bob Tasca III 3. Ron Capps 4. Tony Pedregon
1. Jason Line 2. Mike Edwards 3. Allen Johnson 4. Greg Anderson
PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE:
1. Eddie Krawiec 2. Shawn Gann 3. Craig Treble 4. Hector Arana
Top Fuel -- Tony Schumacher, 3.797 seconds, 322.04 mph defeats Antron Brown, 6.632 seconds, 101.17 mph.
Funny Car -- Tim Wilkerson, Ford Mustang, 4.097, 303.78 defeats Bob Tasca III, Mustang, 4.192, 287.17.
Pro Stock -- Jason Line, Pontiac GXP, 6.580, 210.14 defeats Mike Edwards, GXP, 6.556, 211.16.
Pro Stock Motorcycle -- Eddie Krawiec, Harley-Davidson, 6.899, 195.68 defeats Shawn Gann, Buell, 6.908, 194.21.
- Gatornationals Coverage-Krawiec Looks To Rekindle Gainesville Magic
- NHRA Driver takes apart Engine in Pre-Gatornationals Demonstration
- NHRA's J.R. Todd In-Studio Talking Everything Gatornationals
- TV20 Sports Kicks Off 42nd Annual NHRA Gatornational Coverage
- Animal Kingdom, Broken and Trained in North Central Florida, Wins Kentucky Derby
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Legend John Force Speeds to Gatornationals, Looking for First Gainesville Win in Ten Years
- One-on-One with Tony Schumacher
- Brown, Schumacher Eager to Prove the Army Strong 1-2 Combo
- Pettigrew, Wilkerson Sign To Play Collegiate Sports