Shipman Leaving UF
Sophomore guard/forward Ray Shipman has requested his release from the University of Florida, and will transfer head coach Billy Donovan announced Wednesday. “I have truly enjoyed coaching Ray the last two seasons,” said Donovan. “He’s an outstanding person and a great student. I want to wish Ray the best of luck as he pursues the things that are important to him as a player and as a student.”
Shipman, the 2010 SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year, averaged 2.7 points
and 1.6 rebounds per game in 32 games this season. Known for solid
defense, he posted 26 steals on the year. For his career he averaged 3.3
points and 1.8 rebounds per game in 68 games with one start.
- Ryan Smith Leaves GHS Football
- Bye Bye Shy: Larry Shyatt Leaves Florida Basketball To Take Wyoming Head Coaching Job
- Urban Meyer Leaving Gainesville For Ohio State
- Gators Mickey Marotti Leaving to Join Meyer at OSU
- Charlie Weis Leaving Florida For Head Coaching Job at Kansas
- Johnson, Fontana Leave Florida Early For Pro Baseball
- Florida Enters Kyle Field, Leaves with 20-17 Win Over Texas A&M
- Florida Gator Seniors Trying to Leave Swamp Perfect In Final Year
- Donovan Leaves UF for NBA!
- Torrey Davis Leaves Florida