Shipman Leaving UF
Sophomore guard/forward Ray Shipman has requested his release from the University of Florida, and will transfer head coach Billy Donovan announced Wednesday. “I have truly enjoyed coaching Ray the last two seasons,” said Donovan. “He’s an outstanding person and a great student. I want to wish Ray the best of luck as he pursues the things that are important to him as a player and as a student.”
Shipman, the 2010 SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year, averaged 2.7 points
and 1.6 rebounds per game in 32 games this season. Known for solid
defense, he posted 26 steals on the year. For his career he averaged 3.3
points and 1.8 rebounds per game in 68 games with one start.
- Donovan Leaves UF for NBA!
- Sen'Derrick Marks Leaves Comedic Mark on Media Days
- POWELL LEAVES FLORIDA BASKETBALL
- GATOR ASSISTANT LEAVES FOR MARSHALL
- Two Hurricane QB's Leaving
- Meyer Takes "Extended Leave of Absence" Rather Than Resign
- Haden Leaves for NFL
- Hernandez Leaving for NFL
- Three Juniors Leave Florida For NFL
- Urban Meyer Returns from Leave of Absence