Tebow Debuts New Throwing Motion for NFL Teams
Tim Tebow's latest visit to Florida Field was like most of the others -with cheering and revering. This time, though, it wasn't just screaming fans gushing over the former Heisman Trophy winner. The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was the star attraction at Florida's pro day Wednesday, receiving rave reviews from NFL scouts, coaches and general managers after he unveiled his new, compact throwing motion.
The bulky left-hander threw dozens of passes to former teammates Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and David Nelson during a 30-minute workout, & spoke with several NFL executives. About 3,000 fans showed up despite cool temperatures and light rain. They cheered loudly as Tebow walked into The Swamp for the first time since his home finale in November, applauded every completion and groaned whenever a ball hit the ground - surely blaming the receiver.
Cornerback Joe Haden, defensive end Carlos Dunlap, linebacker Brandon Spikes, center Maurkice Pouncey, safety Major Wright and several others worked out before Tebow. Defensive end Jermaine Cunningham (shoulder), kick returner Brandon James (ankle) and linebacker Ryan Stamper (back) sat out with injuries. Haden and Dunlap improved their 40-yard dash times from the NFL combine - both probably boosted their draft stock - but Spikes
failed to break the 5-second mark on soggy grass.
Their performances, though, were clearly overshadowed by Tebow. He spent the last two months fine-tuning his new motion, which includes smaller strides, holding the ball higher and eliminating that long, looping release that had experts cringing and analysts calling for him to move to tight end or H-back.
- Tebow's Sophomore NFL Debut A Mixed Bag
- Tim Tebow's First NFL Debut
- New York Jets Players Tim Tebow And Mark Sanchez Team Up For Player- Led Camp In California
- Tim Tebow Debuts Jockey "Stay Cool" Campaign
- Tebow Throws Zinger That Has Nothing to Do With a Football Game
- Still No NFL Offers for Tebow, But Arena League Is Calling
- Tebow Unplugged On NFL.com
- Tebow Named to Punt Team Unit
- Former Florida Football Players Find New Home in the NFL
- Alex Brown Feeling Saintly in His New NFL Home