Demps Runs Fastest 100-meter time in 2010
Gator running back Jeff Demps has the fastest 100-meter time in the world this year. Demps, running in the Florida Relays on Friday, covered the distance in 10.11 seconds. Nesta Carter of Jamaica had the previous fast time of 2010. He ran 10.15 in late January.
Demps, who had 763 yards rushing and seven touchdowns for the Gators last season, is skipping spring practice to concentrate on track. Coach Urban Meyer says Demps "can do whatever he wants to do." A 5-foot-8 junior, Demps has 1,368 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns in two seasons and is expected to lead Florida's running attack this fall.
- Demps Runs Nation's Fastest 100m at Texas Relays
- Demps Set to Run in Olympics
- Demps, Wilks Run Wild at Tom Jones Memorial Classic
- 2009-2010 Gator Season Statistically The Best Of All Time
- UF Sprinter McQuay Wins US 400 Meter Title
- Demps Making A Sprint for the NFL
- Demps Added to USA Roster
- McQuay, Claye London Bound! Demps Falls Short at USA Olympic Trials
- Demps Wins, But Doesn't Break Record at Florida Relays
- Demp's Uncertain Status Has Fueled Message Boards