Gator Gymnastics Team Advances to Super Six
The message from coaches and players was clear: Nerves ruled in the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships preliminary competition Thursday.
They expect the team finals to be much different.
The top two seeds, UCLA and Florida, faltered early before rallying late to seal berths in Friday in the Super Six. The Bruins (196.875), fifth-seeded Utah (196.625) and fourth-seeded Oklahoma (196.55) advanced from the afternoon session. Third-seeded Alabama (196.85) won the evening session, and host Florida (196.775) and sixth-seeded Stanford (196.3) also advanced to the finals.
UCLA was led by its three all-around competitors - Vanessa Zamarripa (39.425), Anna Li (39.375) and Elyse Hopfner-Hibbs (39.35) - all of whom placed in the top seven overall during the afternoon session.
- Gator Gymnastics Advances to Super Six
- Gator Gymnasts Advance to Super Six!
- Gator Gymnastics Make NCAA Super Six for 7th Time in 9 Years
- Gator Gymnasts Finish Third in Super Six
- Five out of Six Gators Singles Advance in NCAA Tournament
- Gator Softball Advances to Fifth-Straight Super Regional
- Gator Baseball Swats Yellow Jackets 15-3, Advance to Super Regionals
- Gators Defeat UCF, Advance to Super Regionals
- GATOR SOFTBALL ADVANCES TO SUPER REGIONAL
- Gator Softball Advances to Super Regional