Gator Baseball Stays Alive in SEC Tournament
Top-seeded Florida (41-14) edged fourth-seeded Arkansas (40-18), 5-4, in the second elimination game of the 2010 SEC Tournament on Thursday afternoon at Regions Park. With the victory, the Gators stay alive to face the loser of tonight’s winner’s bracket contest between fifth-seeded Vanderbilt (41-15) and eighth-seeded LSU (37-20) in tomorrow’s second game that will begin 30 minutes after the completion of the 4 p.m. game. Both elimination games will televised on SportSouth, air locally in Gainesville on WLUF-TV, channel 6 on Cox Cable.
Sophomore Alex Panteliodis (9-2) earned his team-high ninth win by allowing four hits and three runs over 6.2 innings, and the left-hander registered five strikeouts. Senior Jeff Barfield retired all four batters he faced and Chapman yielded a hit and run in the ninth to collect his 11th save.
Freshman Austin Maddox (2-for-4, two RBI) delivered a two-out RBI single off senior Mike Bolsinger (6-4) in the first inning to break the ice. Freshman Nolan Fontana (2-for-3, two runs) had drawn a leadoff walk and advanced around the bases on consecutive grounders by senior Matt den Dekker and Tucker. Maddox, the 2010 SEC Freshman of the Year, sent Bolsinger’s first pitch into right field to drive in Fontana.
- Razorbacks Roast Gators in SEC Baseball Tournament
- Gator Baseball Sends Rebels Packing from SEC Tournament
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Baseball Team Starts SEC Tournament With Win
- Santa Fe Baseball Makes Like Bee Gees, Stays Alive In FCSAA Tourney
- Gators Stay Alive by Rolling Tide!
- Florida Baseball Shuts Out Alabama, Advances In SEC Tournament
- Scavenger Hunt: SEC Baseball Tournament Style
- Gator Baseball Team Beats Auburn, Keeps Championship Hopes Alive
- Gator Volleyball Stays Undefeated in SEC Sweeping Missouri