LSU Takes Out Top-seed Florida in SEC Tourney
Austin Nola and Mason Katz each had three hits and two RBIs as LSU pounded out 19 hits in defeating Florida 10-6 Wednesday in the first round of the Southeastern Conference tournament.
Matt Gaudet had a solo home run and was one of eight LSU players with a multiple-hit game. The top-seeded Gators (40-14) entered the tournament having won 14 of their past 16, but quickly fell behind for good when
eighth-seeded LSU (37-20) scored five runs in the second inning.
Anthony Ranaudo (4-2) struck out five over 7 2-3 innings to earn the victory. Florida's Brian Johnson (5-3) gave up seven runs in 3 2-3 innings to take the loss. The two-time defending tournament champion Tigers will play the winner of Wednesday's late game between Arkansas and Vanderbilt on
Thursday. Florida plays the loser in an elimination game.
- Top-Seed Jinx? Gator Baseball Hopes Not
- Florida To Meet LSU Basketball In SEC Tourney Quarterfinals
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Florida Baseball Loses SEC Tourney Opener, Awaits NCAA Tourney Fate
- Gator Baseball Out at SEC Tourney
- Florida Women's Basketball Loses SEC Opener to LSU
- Florida Baseball Beats Kentucky, Takes Control of SEC Title Race
- Florida Baseball Shuts Out Alabama, Advances In SEC Tournament
- Tucker Delivers with Two-Out RBI as Florida Takes Series Over Mississippi State 3-1
- We're Number One! Gator Lacrosse Top Seed in NCAA Tournament