Emmitt Smith Apologizes To Gator Nation For Hall of Fame Snub
Emmitt Smith failed to mention the University of Florida in his NFL Hall of Fame induction speech, but his oversight didn't last long. One day after being inducted into the hall, Smith apologized to Gator nation on national television for his gaffe.
Smith said his speech was not written down and thus forgot to mention some people that he might have wanted to. "I apologize to Gator nation, Urban Meyer, and Jeremy Foley," Smith said.
An All-American at Florida, Smith became the NFL's all-time leading rusher in 15 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals. To hear outtakes of Smith's induction speech, click on the following link:
- EMMITT SMITH ENSHRINED IN COLLEGE HALL OF FAME
- Former Gators Inducted Into the Florida Georgia Hall of Fame 2013 Class
- 2013 College Football Hall of Fame Class Includes Gator Great Danny Wuerffel
- Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- Gator Football Moves into Top 10, Snubbed by College GameDay
- Gator Basketball Snubbed By Big Dance
- MIZELL INDUCTED INTO HALL OF FAME
- 2014 Santa Fe College Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- UF Inducts 8 Into Athletic Hall of Fame
- Aaron Hernandez Photo Taken Out of Hall of Fame