Referring to "Scumbags," Urban Meyer Justifies Closing Practice
As WCJB TV20 reported Thursday, Florida Gator Football Head Coach Urban Meyer discussed the reasoning behind his decision to close fall football practice to the public and media. Citing the growing number of autograph seekers and hangers-on, Meyer said he had failed his players by allowing too much commotion before and around the practice area. He also chastised the questionable nature of some visitor's intentions, describing some agents as "scumbags." Here in full, is Meyer's explanation of why he chose to close practice.
- Urban Meyer, Chris Rainey Speak About Rainey's Return To Practice
- Gator Bowl Bound! Florida vs Ohio State in "Urban Meyer" Bowl, DT Easley Out After ACL Surgery
- Gators on Eve of Fall Practice; Practice Closed to Fans and Media
- URBAN MEYER FOOTBALL CAMP BEGINS
- Urban Meyer Resigns!
- Urban Meyer Returns from Leave of Absence
- Urban Meyer Contract Details Released
- Urban Meyer Expects Steve Addazio Back As OC in 2011
- TV20's Hubert Mizell Catches Up With Urban Meyer
- Urban Meyer Addresses Florida Allegations and Aaron Hernandez