Burton's Burden: Knowing, Excelling at Several Positions
Trey Burton is listed as the second string quarterback on the Florida Gator roster, but his true role transcends a tidy line in the media guide. In addition to quarterback, Burton has lined up at wide receiver, fullback, tight end, and is a regular on the Gators kickoff coverage unit. Although he has not thrown a pass, Burton's tangible stats are as follows: 6 carries, two touchdowns on offense, two tackles on defense. But once again, according to Urban Meyer, his intangibles are far greater.
"We'd love to have him on the field every offensive play, but he's our backup quarterback too," Meyer said. "He's not big enough, he's not fast enough, he's not strong enough yet... but he's a football player."
- Willie Powers, Coaching Excellence In Girls' Basketball
- Gator Football Roundup: Six Plays for Success, Burton and Thompson "Should Be Fine", Howard's First SEC Award
- No Fooling Around! Several Gator Sports Getting W's on April 1st
- TV20 Staff Acknowledged for Excellence
- Trey Burton Playing to Coach
- Gator Football Roundup: The DR Express, Burton Hobbled, D for Decent, Sharrif Sits
- Burton the Magnificent Breaks School-Record With 6 Touchdowns
- Trey Burton: Lifelong Gator Fan
- Columbia County Sheriff's Position Up For Grabs
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood