Steve Mesler Returns To Gainesville An Olympic Hero
Steve Mesler said there's a huge difference between the decathlon, which he performed at Florida, and bobsleigh, which Mesler now counts himself as a gold medalist.
"In the decathlon, you're thinking about so many different things," Mesler said. "In the bobsleigh, you can focus on one specific set of tasks."
Mesler and his four-man team accomplished their task of winning Olympic gold, the first in that event since 1948. Mesler was at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Saturday, and experienced what he called one of the best days of his life.
- Fallen Hero Returns Home
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Florida Names Steve Addazio As The New Head Football Coach
- Urban Meyer Expects Steve Addazio Back As OC in 2011
- Steve Addazio To Take Over Head Coaching Job At Temple
- Florida Football Challenged Once Again to Stop Steve Spurrier's Offense
- Several Gator Players Suspended for Opener; Steve Russell on Gator Insider
- Homecoming for a Gainesville Hero
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- Gainesville Hero "I was trying to help"