There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
South Carolina at Florida 36-14
After Andre Debose took the opening kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown, the Gators had almost nothing else to celebrate. Ahmad Black said after the game that Gamecocks running back Marcus Lattimore "could pretty much do whatever he wanted," which he did - running the ball 40 times for a career-high 212 yards and three touchdowns.
Prior to this game, the Gamecocks were 0-12 in Gainesville since joining the SEC and just 1-19 against Florida. This marks the second time South Carolina has beaten Florida... since 1939. The loss sealed the SEC Championship game, which will pit Auburn against South Carolina on December 4th in Atlanta. It will be the Gamecocks' first-ever appearance in the SEC Championship game.
The Gators lost to a division opponent for the first time in 17 games, while also dropping their third consecutive home game - something that hadn't happened since 1986. The Gators are now 6-4 (4-4).
"We just didn't execute," Meyer said. "We're just not very good."
Stat of Interest: Gene Chizik (head coach of Auburn) graduated from the University of Florida in 1985, while Steve Spurrier (head coach of South Carolina) graduated from UF in 1966. Both also played for the Florida Gators football team.
Other SEC games from Saturday:
LA Monroe 0
Mississippi St. 10
- Florida Football Comes up Short Against South Carolina
- Florida Basketball Looks For 9th Straight Win vs. South Carolina
- Florida Gator Football Team Prepares for South Carolina
- Florida Volleyball Aces Test Against South Carolina
- Florida Army Specialist Dies at South Carolina Hospital
- Payton Ashe Signs With South Carolina State
- Francesca Enea Sets Home Run Record, Gets Engaged vs South Carolina
- Men's Tennis Downs South Carolina
- Gator Hoops Runs Past South Carolina In SEC Opener 74-58
- Gators Volleyball Sweeps South Carolina