NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Coach Urban Meyer Stepping Down
As reported on the University of Florida athletic Web site today, Coach Urban Meyer is stepping down from head coach of the Florida football team.
A press conference will be held at 6 p.m. today at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to address the press.
Meyer released this statement:
“I have been a Division I football coach for the last 25 years and, during that time, my primary focus has been helping my teams win titles,” Meyer said. “I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, and I am a fierce competitor to my core. At this time in my life, however, I appreciate the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field. The decision to step down was a difficult one.
But after spending more than two decades motivating and celebrating the young men I’ve been so proud to coach, I relish the opportunity to cheer for my three terrific kids as they compete in their own respective sports. I know how fortunate I am to be in a position to make this choice and to have a family that is as loving and supportive as my amazing wife and children have always been.”
Click on the video to see a clip from his press conference
- Meyer Steps Down As Gators Head Coach
- TV20 Exclusive: Former Gator Coach Urban Meyer Weighs in on Tim Tebow
- URBAN MEYER FOOTBALL CAMP BEGINS
- Urban Meyer Resigns!
- Urban Meyer Returns from Leave of Absence
- Referring to "Scumbags," Urban Meyer Justifies Closing Practice
- Urban Meyer, Chris Rainey Speak About Rainey's Return To Practice
- Urban Meyer's Post-Game Comments
- Urban Meyer Explains Decision to Stick with Brantley, Possible Shakeup Brewing
- Urban Meyer Contract Details Released