Game, Set, Mather
Florida tennis player Joanna Mather may not play at the top of the lineup for the Gators, but there is no doubt she is the rock of the #1 team in the country.
"She has the unique ability to relate to everyone on the team," said Head Coach Roland Thornqvist.
As the Gators prepare for the SEC Championship Tournament beginning Thursday in Knoxville, TN, the Gators will look to Mather not only for her leadership, but also her toughness on the court.
"I like it when I see the other player fading," Mather said.
Her 66 singles match wins are second-most among active team members, and although she has lost 22, the one guarantee teammates get from Mather every time, is a ferocious effort.
- Trevante Taylor Arrested at Lake Weir Football Game, Facing Trouble On 3 Fronts
- Gator Basketball Wins Game, Loses Guard Hill For A Month
- Hawthorne Falls in Championship Game, Buchholz Claims Third
- Santa Fe Upends Forest in Spring Football Game, Williston Winners Too
- Chiefland Wins, Newberry Falls in Spring Football Game, Other HS Scores
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
- Newberry Girls Basketball Advances to First-Ever State Title Game, Beat Hilliard 49-45
- GATOR BASEBALL LOSES GAME, GAINES 6TH SEED
- Chiefland Beats Bronson In Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Buchholz Falls in Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores