Muschamp Stands By Brantley's Spring, Looks Forward to Fall
In an SEC Coaches' teleconference Wednesday morning, Florida football head Coach Will Muschamp reiterated his support of his starting quarterback, Ocala native John Brantley. Muschamp tried to divert attention away from Brantley's spring game numbers (4-14, 45 yds, 0 tds, 0 ints.), by citing the lack of healthy and available players on offense.
"He (John) never really had a chance," said Muschamp. "I was standing behind him and I saw it coming pretty fast too."
Muschamp said that Brantley had a good grasp of the offensive coaches' teaching points, but that he must now take those learning experiences, and turn them into more of a leadership role.
"His role is to handle the offseason in the right way," Muschamp said. "He needs to have a huge part in the 7-on-7's (offseason drills)."
- Muschamp's Last Stand: Gators Fall to FSU
- John Brantley's Opening Day A Mixed Bag
- Gators Looking Forward to Matt Jones' Return
- Muschamp: Eyeing QB's In First Fall Scrimmage
- Citizen's Co-Op Manager Looks Forward, As Some Members Disgree With Recent Decisions
- Brantley Looking to Make Most of NFL Opportunity
- Foley Stands by Muschamp, More Gators Named to Watch Lists
- Gator Baseball Team Looking Forward To Playing In CWS
- Brantley Shines in Gators Spring Game
- Brantley Gets Second Chance as Spring Practice Gets Underway