Pouncey Drafted 15th Overall By Miami Dolphins
Former Gators center Mike Pouncey joined his brother, Maurkice in Radio City Music Hall for the 2011 NFL Draft. And Mike, just like his brother, was drafted in the first round (15th overall), selected by the Miami Dolphins. Gators football head coach Will Muschamp tweeted, "I'm happy for Mike that he is getting the chance to realize a lifelong dream! Go Gators! I didn't coach Mike, but I've had the opportunity to meet him and you can tell that he has a passion for the game. I wish him the best of luck."
The Gators have now had a first-round selection in each of the past five drafts and have had 43 first-round draft picks in school history. Pouncey, who played in 54 games for UF and made 45 starts, was a Second-Team All-SEC selection in 2010 by the media. He is the 43rd Gator all-time to be selected in the first-round of the NFL Draft. He becomes the first player drafted by the Dolphins out of UF since the team selected linebacker Channing Crowder in the third round of the 2005 draft.
- Houston Rockets Take Chandler Parsons 38th Overall In NBA Draft
- Bradley Beal Selected Third Overall In NBA Draft
- Joe Haden & Maurkice Pouncey Taken in First Round
- Pouncey Showcases Talent At UF Pro Day
- Mike Pouncey On ESPN's Sports Science
- UF TRACK AND FIELD WOMEN 9TH, MEN 15TH
- Gator Baseball Gets School-Record 15th Straight Win, 10-2 Over Vanderbilt
- Gator Softball Team Earns Top Overall NCAA Tournament Seed
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall