Tucker Delivers with Two-Out RBI as Florida Takes Series Over Mississippi State 3-1
Preston Tucker was struggling at the plate in Sunday's game against Mississippi State. But when his team needed him most, he delivered. Tied 1-1 in the top of the seventh, Tucker got his only hit of the day with a two-out base hit up the middle, bringing home Zack Powers and Nolan Fontana, as the Gators took Game Three against the Bulldogs 3-1. The game started with an early defensive play from Daniel Pigott in left, throwing out Adam Frazier at the plate to limit Mississippi State's scoring to one run. Florida got it back in the fourth inning, and scoring finished with Tucker's heroics in the seventh. In the bottom of the ninth, closer Anthony DeSclafani loaded the bags with only one out, but Austin Maddox came in relief and retired the next two batters. No. 4 Florida continues the road swing on Tuesday in Tallahassee against Florida State.
- Florida Soccer Advances in NCAA Tournament With 3-1 Win Over Cal; Volleyball Beats Ole Miss
- Mississippi QB Ryan Buchanan Chooses Ole Miss Over Florida Gators
- Gator Baseball Takes Game One in Series Over UConn
- Softball Takes Series Over Ole Miss
- Gator Baseball Takes SEC Opening Series Over Tennessee
- Florida Volleyball Continues to Roll, Sweeps Mississippi St.
- Florida Baseball Takes Two From Georgia in Double Header
- Gators Soccer Scores Goals, Chance to Achieve Goals, With 3-1 Win Over Arkansas
- LSU Takes Out Top-seed Florida in SEC Tourney
- Florida Baseball Takes 5-1 Win over UCF