GHS Football Begins Thomson Era At Spring Practice
The Gainesville High Football team saw some of its greatest success in the past 20 years come under head coach Ryan Smith. But the man who led the Purple Hurricanes to the Class 4-A State Semifinals last year has moved on, and on Monday, GHS began the James Thomson era at spring football practice.
"It's a blessing to be here," Thomson said. "This is the best program I have been a part of."
Thomson inherits a team that has won back-to-back Gainesville city championships, but must replace starters at several key positions, including quarterback. Still, Thomson remains confident.
"We don't want to just get back to the semifinals," Thompson said. "We want to win championships here."
- Gator Football Spring Practice Back Under Muschamp Era
- Gators Football Begins Spring Practice
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
- Florida Football: Day 1 Of Spring Practice
- Latroy Pittman Making a Mark in Gator Football Spring Practice
- Spring Football Practice Report: Santa Fe and Newberry
- Spring Football Practice Report: PK Yonge and Hawthorne
- Gator Football Fine Tuning in Spring Practice
- High School Spring Football Practice Update: Hawthorne, Eastside
- Meyer To Coach During Spring Football Practice