Kentucky Derby Winning Owner Joins WCJB by Phone
In the Kentucky Derby post-race press conference, Animal Kingdom's owner, Barry Irwin said it was difficult to describe the joy of finally having a derby winner after decades in the business.
Now three days into his title of Derby Champion, Irwin joined WCJB Sports Director Chris Price by phone to discuss the feeling of a championship, the reason why North Central Florida is perfect for training horses and whether Animal Kingdom can win the Triple Crown.
- BIG BROWN WINS KENTUCKY DERBY
- Trainer Likes "Musket Man" to Win Kentucky Derby
- Animal Kingdom, Broken and Trained in North Central Florida, Wins Kentucky Derby
- I'll Have Another Wins 138th Kentucky Derby
- Local Trainer Working with Kentucky Derby Favorite!
- Toby's Corner Ready for Kentucky Derby
- Luck of the Irish: Eddie Woods Has Broken Another Kentucky Derby Contender
- Two Horses With North Central Florida Ties Lead Kentucky Derby Contenders
- Kentucky Derby Preview
- Ocala Breeders Association Full of Kentucky Derby History