Rodriguez Strong In Relief, Gators Finish Off Vanderbilt at College World Series
Steven Rodriguez picked up right where he left off Monday night, pitching 4 1/3 innings of no-hit baseball as Florida beat Vanderbilt 3-1 to advance to the doorstep of the College World Series championship. With the win, the Gators stay in the winners bracket, earning a bye until Friday evening. If the Gators win that game, they'll advance to the best-of-three championship series.
Rodriguez initially came on in relief Monday for starter Karsten Whitson, but was only able to face three batters before play was suspended in the bottom of the 6th inning. Rather than go with another pitcher Tuesday morning, head coach Kevin O'Sullivan returned "Paco" to the mound, and he delivered. Rodriguez struck out seven batters as he earned his fourth win of the season. Preston Tucker's 3-run home run in the 4th inning held up providing the only runs the Gators would need.
Florida now awaits the winner of Vanderbilt and North Carolina, who will face each other in an elimination game Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Gator Rivals Square Off in College World Series
- Gators Finish Strong in Cross Country Meet
- Gator Baseball Takes Series From Vanderbilt in Extras, 6-3
- Gators Gymnastics Start Off Strong
- Bruins Pitchers Freeze Gators at College World Series
- Gator Baseball Young Guns Prove Vital To College World Series Run
- Date and Time Set For Gators College World Series Game 1
- Gator Softball One Win Shy From 4th Consecutive Women's College World Series
- Gators Head To College World Series
- Santa Fe Starts Quick, Finishes Strong Over Dixie County 40-13