Historical Watermelon Run
The Fourth of July is always filled with fun, food, and fireworks; but a three mile run?
More than 300 people started there day bright and early this morning at the Westside Park in Gainesville for the 33rd Annual Melon Run. This historical 3-miler awards it winners with a whole watermelon. And this year, PK Yonge Alumnus Michael Anderson won the race in 15 minutes 39 seconds. Impressive time for a competitive runner, however most where there to celebrate their independence and eat some watermelon.
- Ryan Lochte Pulls Off Historic Day at World Championships
- TEBOW FAILS TO WIN HISTORIC DOUBLE
- Sweet Number-Seven is Historic
- Bell Bulldogs Lose State Semifinal, Finish Historic Season 24-6
- Gator Players Run Out With American Flags, Run Wild Over UAB
- PK Yonge Falls in State Final, Allow Five Runs in 7th
- Florida Baseball Falls to Golf Coast Despite Run in 8th
- Gator Hoops Runs Past South Carolina In SEC Opener 74-58
- Tyler Murphy Ready for His Moment; Gators to Use Running Back by Committee
- Matt Jones Out For Season Opener; Committee of Running Backs Stepping Up