Historical Watermelon Run
The Fourth of July is always filled with fun, food, and fireworks; but a three mile run?
More than 300 people started there day bright and early this morning at the Westside Park in Gainesville for the 33rd Annual Melon Run. This historical 3-miler awards it winners with a whole watermelon. And this year, PK Yonge Alumnus Michael Anderson won the race in 15 minutes 39 seconds. Impressive time for a competitive runner, however most where there to celebrate their independence and eat some watermelon.
- Ryan Lochte Pulls Off Historic Day at World Championships
- TEBOW FAILS TO WIN HISTORIC DOUBLE
- Sweet Number-Seven is Historic
- Gator Players Run Out With American Flags, Run Wild Over UAB
- Colts Keep Running, Win District Title with Win Over Rams
- Gator Baseball Gives Up Nine Runs, Falls to USC 9-2 in Game One
- Bush Gets SEC Home Run Record, Gator Softball Sweeps Arkansas 8-0
- Demps, Wilks Run Wild at Tom Jones Memorial Classic
- Union County Runs Away from PK Yonge 56-7
- Eastside's Boys Soccer Run Comes to an End, Fall 5-0 to Land O' Lakes