Wambach's Heroics Keep World Cup Title Hopes Alive For Team USA
In what will go down as one of the greatest moments in American soccer history, Team USA forward Abby Wambach scored a game-tying goal in stoppage time of overtime in USA's Women's World Cup Quarterfinal match against Brazil.
The former Gator's goal in the 122nd minute of the game allowed the Americans to take the game to a penalty kick shootout, which the US won 5-3 to beat Brazil. The Americans now advance to the semifinal to face France. That game will be played on Wednesday at 12 p.m.
- Gator Baseball Team Beats Auburn, Keeps Championship Hopes Alive
- Wambach, Team USA Falls To Japan
- Team USA Gets Out to an Early Lead in Davis Cup
- Eastside Keeps District Hopes Alive with 31-24 OT Win Over Crystal River
- Gator Basketball's Patric Young Crucial In Team USA's Win Against Lithuania
- Gator's Young Perfect, Team USA Not in U19 Hoops Loss to Croatia
- USA Women Win World Cup Semis
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title