2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Other Florida Schools
Besides the Big Three of UF, FSU, and Miami, other Florida schools are looking to have good seasons on the college football landscape. South Florida has a knack for playing the big schools tough, beating both FSU and Miami on the road in 2009 and 2010, respectively. And the Bulls hung tough last year against the Gators, holding a 7-7 tie at halftime before eventually losing.
FAU hopes to give their head coach a proper sendoff as Howard Schnellenberger is retiring at the end of the season. The Owls open up the regular season on the road versus Florida.
FIU is coming off its first conference championship, bowl appearance, and bowl victory in program history. The Golden Panthers try to make it two Sun Belt championships in a row this year.
UCF ended last year shocking one of the beasts in the SEC East, upsetting Georgia in the Liberty Bowl. The Knights will try to ride that momentum and capture a second consecutive Conference USA championship.
Florida A&M University has struggled against opponents in the FBS, but the Rattlers compete hard in the MEAC, vying for a spot in the FCS playoffs.
- Countdown to Kickoff: Other Florida Schools
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Florida
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Florida State
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: South Carolina
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Arkansas
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Alabama
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Miami
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Georgia
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Vanderbilt
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Auburn