Colts, Bobcats, Purple Hurricanes All Look Sharp in HS Preseason Football
The high school football season is nearing, and local high schools participated in a few preseason match-ups prior to kicking off the regular season. North Marion hosted Buchholz and Apopka, with each team playing each other for one half. Buchholz beat Apopka 20-14, North Marion beat Apopka 9-8, and North Marion beat Buchholz 14-7 in a half-worth of football, respectively.
Over at Citizens Field, Gainesville High welcomed Dr. Phillips from Orlando. The Purple Hurricanes started strong and held a 20-0 halftime lead. But the Panthers got back in the game, scoring 13-unanswered points. The Canes took that as a wake-up call, and went back to the air where Mark Cato threw for four touchdowns in the GHS 41-20 preseason romp.
- All Pink and Purple as Lady Hurricanes Defeat Oak Hall in Volleyball
- Purple Hurricanes Win, GHS Advancing to Class 6A State Football Title Game
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
- Tigers Take a Bite Out of Bobcats, Stay Undefeated with a 22-14 Victory
- Gainesville Purple Hurricanes Fall in State Semifinal
- Purple Hurricanes Drown the Tornadoes in Boys Hoops
- Gainesville Purple Hurricanes Fall Short in Title Game
- Purple Hurricanes and Blue Wave Hoops Victorious
- Purple Hurricanes Win City Championship