Muschamp Awards UF Punter Battling Crohn's Disease With Scholarship
The Florida Gator punter battling Crohn's Disease got a special surprise from head coach Will Muschamp on Friday. Just before the start of practice, Muschamp awarded former Buchholz Bobcat David Lerner a scholarship for the 2011 football season. Lerner had previously been on academic scholarship, but had not received an athletic scholarship. The redshirt junior is battling for the starting punting job this fall against incoming freshman Kyle Christy.
- Crohn's Disease
- Gators QB Battle at Stalemate, Muschamp Will Wait Until Fall For Decision
- Lake City's Tunsil Picks Ole Miss; Dozens of Other Locals Sign Football Scholarships
- GHS's James Using Scholarship Offer As Motivation
- Buchholz's Milliken Gets Scholarship, Date at Signing
- Muschamp to Saban: "Don't Like Losing SEC Title Game? I'll Trade Ya."
- Muschamp Still Hasn't Picked A Starter For Gators' Opener
- College Football's Best Gather at Disney World for Award Show
- UF Baseball's Powers Earns National Award
- Tucker to Accept Award at ESPY's