Gator Bowl Bound! Florida vs Ohio State in "Urban Meyer" Bowl, DT Easley Out After ACL Surgery
In a rematch of the 2007 BCS title game, the Florida Gators and Ohio State Buckeyes are meeting again, this time on a much smaller stage. Both teams were invited and accepted bids to participate in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville on January 2nd at 1pm. This is only the second meeting between the two schools on the football field, with the first a 41-14 Gator victory back in '07 en route to the school's second football national championship. The story lines will most likely revolve around former Gators and future Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer, who resigned from Florida nearly a year ago, only to accept the same position at Ohio State last Monday.
Meanwhile, Gators head coach Will Muschamp confirmed defensive tackle Dominique Easley will miss the Gator Bowl after having surgery to repair his ACL. The sophomore injured his left knee early in the second quarter against Florida State in a 21-7 defeat. Easley had 37 tackles on the season, including seven and a half tackles for losses.
- Dominique Easley Out for Season with Torn ACL
- Omaha Bound! Gators Survive Extra Inning Thriller, Beat NC State 9-8
- Omaha Bound! Gators Win 8-6 Over Bulldogs, Going Back to CWS
- Gators Big Apple Bound!
- Gators Fall to Michigan in Citrus Bowl, Finish Season 10-4
- Urban Meyer Leaving Gainesville For Ohio State
- BCS Bowl Schedule Announced: Gators Big Easy-Bound
- Referring to "Scumbags," Urban Meyer Justifies Closing Practice
- Urban Meyer Addresses Florida Allegations and Aaron Hernandez
- TV20 Exclusive: Former Gator Coach Urban Meyer Weighs in on Tim Tebow