Gator Gymnastics Post Nation-Best Score in Quad Meet Victory
Rhonda Faehn had talked about bringing her team slowly along for the start of the season. But if the Gator gymnastics team looks as good at the end of the year as they did in their first Quad Meet of the season, the Orange and Blue could be well on their way to their first gymnastics national championship.
No. 8 Florida played host to Maryland, Bridgeport, and No. 1 Arkansas, posting an incredible 197.775 team score. That bested the Razorbacks score by a full point (196.70) while claiming the nation's highest point total of the season and ranking as the school's fifth-best point total in program history. Junior gymnast Ashanee Dickerson won her first all-around title of the season with a 39.60 while capturing her 50th event title in her Gator career. Freshman Kytra Hunter split the Floor event with Dickerson, each claiming a 9.95, while sophomore Mackenzie Caquatto took the Uneven Bars with a 9.95 and junior Marissa King the same on the Beam (9.95).
Florida hits the road for their next meet as they travel to Tuscaloosa and face Alabama on Friday, February 3rd.
- Gator Gymnastics Post Second-Highest Score in Nation, Beat Utah
- Former Gator Gator Gymnast Kerr Earns Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Saturday Sweeps! Gator Softball Posts Shutout Victories Over Gardner-Webb, Tennessee State
- Gator Gymnastics Scores Nation-High 198.225 vs. Missouri
- #3 Gators Dominate #10 Nebraska in Season's First Gymnastics Meet
- Gator Gymnastics Tops UCLA in First Home Meet of Season
- Blue Wave Gets Best of Oak Hall 61-28, Other HS Scores
- Gymnastics Scores Big at Home on Senior Day
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Meldon Law TV20 Scholar Athlete: Dixie County's Quade Locke