Bears WR Marshall Accused of Punching Woman in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police say a woman has accused NFL star receiver Brandon Marshall of punching her in the face at a nightclub.
The woman alleges the incident occurred at 3:50 a.m. Sunday outside the Marquee in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood.
Police are investigating a complaint she filed Monday evening.
Marshall hasn't been charged.
Marshall was traded Tuesday from the Miami Dolphins to the Chicago Bears.
Both teams said Wednesday they were aware of the alleged incident before the trade.
Marshall's attorney didn't immediately return a call for comment.
Last year, Marshall's wife was arrested after he was stabbed in the abdomen during a domestic dispute. Charges were later dropped.
Marshall was involved in a 2007 fight in Denver that led to the drive-by slaying of the Broncos' Darrent Williams.
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed
- Woman Punches Child in Face
- Brandon Spikes Earns SEC Honor
- Catching up with Former Gator Brandon Siler
- One Voice Guest Brandon Hicks
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete: Trenton's Brandon Lovelace
- Meldon Law TV20 Scholar Athlete: Newberry's Brandon Gunter
- Florida Woman Found Guilty of Feeding Bears
- Hometown TE Gator Hoskins Shines for Marshall in Last Game
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Trey Marshall