Former Area Standouts Injured in Spring: UF's Okine, FSU's Jernigan
As the University of Florida and Florida State look to prepare their teams for the future, former area standout players will have to watch the rest of practice from the sidelines. Former Gainesville High standout and current Gator redshirt senior Earl Okine was ruled out for the remainder of spring practice with a back injury.
Meanwhile, former Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Year Timmy Jernigan will also miss the rest of spring for the Seminoles after slightly tearing his MCL and meniscus in his knee. FSU head coach Jimbo Fisher has not said if the former Columbia High standout will need surgery, but expects the sophomore defensive tackle to make a full recovery before the fall.
- Former GHS Star Earl Okine Switching From Gator Defense To Offense
- Former Buchholz Football Standout Playing for National Title
- Former GHS Standout Portis To Retire as a Washington Redskin
- Former PK Yonge Standout Taylor Asbell Dies
- Former Trinity Catholic Standout Antonio Allen Drafted in 7th Round
- Garnet Beats Gold 35-20 in FSU Football Spring Game
- Locks of Love? Mizzou Player's Message to UF's Halapio
- UF's Powell Continues Healing Process
- NCAA Ruling on Sharrif Floyd, Reaction from UF's Jeremy Foley and Will Muschamp
- WIll Muschamp Introduced as UF's New Football Head Coach