Lucky Seven! Gator Basketball No. 7 Seed in NCAA Tournament
The Florida Gator basketball team already knew they were in the Big Dance. Now they know who they're dancing with and when. The 19th ranked Gators were awarded the No. 7 seed in the West Region and will face the No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers on Friday in Omaha, Nebraska. Virginia finished fourth in the ACC regular season standings, but were eliminated in their conference tournament quarterfinal matchup. Meanwhile, Florida got a win over tournament-bound Alabama and played top-ranked Kentucky to the bitter end, eventually falling 74-71. The close loss must not have impressed the selection committee, with the Gators falling to their lowest seed in the past two years. If Florida can get past Virginia, either Missouri (No. 2) or Norfolk State (No. 15) would await them in Round Three.
Despite losing its conference championship to tournament-bound Vanderbilt, Kentucky was awarded the overall number one seed in the NCAA Tournament. Along with the Wildcats (South Region), Syracuse (East Region), North Carolina (MIdwest Region), and Michigan State (West Region) all earned No. 1 seeds.
Florida State earned a No. 3 seed in the East and will play No. 14 St. Bonaventure in Nashville on Friday.
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gators Earn No. 2 National Seed in NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gators Earn No. 1 National Seed in NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Softball Team Earns Top Overall NCAA Tournament Seed
- We're Number One! Gator Lacrosse Top Seed in NCAA Tournament
- Drive for Five! Gator Softball 5th Seed in NCAA Tournament
- Gator Volleyball Earns 14th National Seed, Host Three in 1st Rd of NCAA Tournament
- Florida Prepares to Enter NCAA Tournament as #2 Seed
- Gator Softball Heads for Conference Tournament as Top Seed
- Gator Baseball Earns #3 National Seed, Learns Tournament Draw