Late Offensive Explosion Sees Blue Beat Orange 21-20
The quarterback battle lived up to its billing, as Jeff Driskel and Jacoby Brissett both proved they could be the ones under center when the bullets are live this fall for the Florida Gator football team. Driskel was a sharp 10-for-14 with 147 yards passing in a 21-20 Blue victory over Orange.
Brissett led the Orange team to the first scoring drive of the game after a 43-yard bomb to Latroy Pittman flipped the field position battle Brissett later connected on the first touchdown with a 4-yard hookup with Quinton Dunbar just before halftime. Both offenses remained quiet until the fourth quarter. The final stanza saw five touchdowns scored, including a 34-yard Trey Burton catch-and-run to pull the Orange within 21-20. But the Orange team went for the win, and Brissett's pass sailed high and incomplete to cement the final score.
Will Muschamp now hands his team over to its players for self-policing, as coaches are required to remain hands-off until fall practice commences. But what shaped up to be a good quarterback battle in the spring delivered in the spring game, and looks to be just as heated a few months from now when the Gators continue preparations for the 2012 season.
- Blue Beats Orange 13-10 in 2011 Gator Football Debut
- Explosive Offense Leads Gators to a Series Sweep Over South Carolina
- Orange & Blue Diamond Notes
- Mike Peterson Still Bleeds Orange & Blue
- Florida Volleyball Returns To The Court In Orange and Blue Game
- Due To Injuries, Orange and Blue Game Will Feature Just One Team
- Details Announced For Annual Orange and Blue Game
- Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage
- Gator Volleyball Orange and Blue Scrimmage Wraps Up UF Fan Day
- Details For Orange and Blue Game