Muschamp Reflects on Possible CFB Playoffs, Other Notes From Day 1 of SEC Meetings
Florida football head coach Will Muschamp doesn't pretend to have all the answers, but it didn't stop him from giving his opinion on the rumblings of a playoff format for the college football postseason. Muschamp said he's a proponent of a four-team playoff, but it shouldn't be limited to conference champions only. He said there's a lot to be sorted out, such as site selection, team selection, and if the bowls should still be utilized in a playoff format.
Muschamp also gave an update on his thoughts for SEC divisions to be crowned by only looking at divisional games. The Gator head coach is against it, believing that an SEC win or loss should be the same regardless of what opponent it occurs against. Former Gator and current South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier disagrees with Muschamp, as his Gamecocks would've played for the SEC Championship had division-games-only been in place last season.
Muschamp updated the status of A.C. Leonard, emphasizing the tight end continues to do what is asked of him. Leonard was removed from team activities in the spring after he was charged with simple domestic battery. Muschamp has not made a decision on how many games Leonard will miss in the fall.
Defensive end Ronald Powell is reportedly ahead of schedule in his rehab after he tore his ACL in the Orange and Blue spring game. Muschamp remains cautiously optimistic Powell will return in the 2012 season, but stressed the final 30 percent of rehab will be the most critical.
Billy Donovan confirmed forward Will Yeguete has fully healed from February's broken foot and should be healthy heading into the 2012-13 basketball season.
- Lochte, Phelps Prepare for Final Meeting; Other Olympic Results and Notes
- SEC Spring Meetings: Search for College Football Playoff Committee Members
- St. John Lutheran, Columbia Advance in Baseball Playoffs, Vanguard Falls in Extras
- Meet and Greet: Media Members Speak With Muschamp, Players At UF Media Day
- Jeff Driskel Back at Practice and Other Gator Injury Notes
- "Best Of" from SEC Media Days
- A Sexy Muschamp Leads Tenacious Gators Towards Possible National Championship Game
- Muschamp and Fisher Defend Each Other's Shortcomings In 2011
- Padawan Meets Master: Muschamp Previews Matchup with Saban
- Muschamp New Kid on SEC Head Coaching Block