Santa Fe Upends Forest in Spring Football Game, Williston Winners Too
The Santa Fe Raiders trailed by as many as 14 points to the host Forest Wildcats in each team's spring football game, but managed to score 17 straight en route to a 17-14 victory. Each team scored two touchdowns in the first half before the JV teams finished the second half, with Santa Fe scoring the deciding three points. The Wildcats jumped out to a 14-0 lead behind the arm and legs of quarterback Jake Roddenberry. But the Raiders responded with a momentum-shifting 85-yard run by Chris Jackson that cut the deficit to seven, and eventually tied the game at 14-14 before halftime.
Williston also played their spring game, beating Tavares on the road 27-7. The Red Devils were led by quarterback David Heinkel who threw for two touchdowns and ran in another for a score.
- Chiefland Wins, Newberry Falls in Spring Football Game, Other HS Scores
- GHS Dominant Over North Marion in Spring Football Game, Vanguard Defense Stout but Falls Short
- Chiefland Beats Bronson In Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Buchholz Falls in Spring Football Game, Plus Other Area Scores
- Wakeley Hits Game Winner, Pushes Santa Fe Past Williston 53-51
- Santa Fe Beats Crystal River 32-29, Columbia County Home Winners Too, Oak Hall and St Francis Fall
- Trevante Taylor Arrested at Lake Weir Football Game, Facing Trouble On 3 Fronts
- HS Football Game of the Week Preview: Forest vs Lake Weir
- High School Football Game of the Week Preview: Gainesville vs Forest
- HS Football Game of the Week Preview: Vanguard vs Forest