Tim Walton Kicks 3 Gator Softball Players Off Team, Gators Lose Regional Opener
The Florida Gator softball team lost its opening game in the 2012 NCAA regional championships 2-1 to Florida Gulf Coast Friday, but that was only the second most shocking story of the day. Gators Head Coach Tim Walton kicked sophomore shortstop Cheyenne Coyle, sophomore utility player Kasey Fagan and freshman utility player Sami Fagan off the team for the remainder of the season. Walton said he would consider bringing them back on for the 2013 season, but not before the end of this season. Walton was tight-lipped about his reasoning-and his unusual timing-and said it was a distraction for his players as they faced Florida Gulf Coast, who earned their first NCAA tournament win in any sport in program history. The Gators face elimination Saturday at 3:30, as they face Central Florida for the right to remain alive in the NCAA championships.
- Walton Discusses Future of Gators Softball, Dismissal of 3 Players Last Year
- Florida Track and Field Player Kicked Off Team After Arrest
- Gator Hoops to Kick-Off Season Down Two More Players; Ranked 10th in AP Poll
- Gator Track Star Kicked Off Team
- Gator Football Changes Season Opening Kick-Off Time
- Gator Football Season Opening Kick-Off Time Set!
- Gator Softball Loses Super Regional Opener
- New York Jets Players Tim Tebow And Mark Sanchez Team Up For Player- Led Camp In California
- Scottie Wilbekin Reinstated to Gator Basketball Team, Will Play Monday
- Leonard Reinstated To Gator Football Team, Quinn Sees Linebacker Improvement