Will Lone Gator Tennis Player Left in NCAA Competition
Top-ranked Gator women's tennis singles player Allie Will is the lone Florida player still competing in a shot at an individual NCAA championship, defeating No. 6 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar from Texas A&M in straight sets (6-3, 6-3) and moving onto the NCAA Singles Semifinal in Athens, GA. Next up for Will is a date against No. 3 Nicole Gibbs from Stanford on Sunday.
Gator doubles pair of Lauren Embree and Joanna Mather fell in quarterfinal doubles action in the NCAA Tournament, losing to No. 10 Natalie Pluskota and Kata Szekely from Tennessee in a three-set thriller (4-6, 6-4, 7-6(3)). As a team, Embree and Mather concluded their career pairing with a 55-9 all-time mark, fourth-most by a Gator tandem in program history.
- Gator Womens and Mens Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA's
- Gator Men's Tennis Advances in NCAA Tournament
- Gator Tennis Teams To Host NCAA First and Second Rounds
- Gator Women's Tennis Team Loses To Stanford In NCAA Semis
- Gator Women's Tennis Blanks Marist in First Round of NCAA Tournament
- Gator Women's Tennis Advances to 3rd Straight NCAA Final
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gator Men's Tennis Chomp Down on Bulldogs in NCAA 1st Rd
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Advance to NCAA Round of Sixteen
- Gator Tennis Teams Learn NCAA Tourney Fate