2012 Olympic Trials Update
Ryan Lochte continues his assault on the 2012 US Olympic swim trials, but other swimmers representing Gator Nation were not so fortunate on Friday. Lochte qualified for the finals of the 200 meter IM and the 200 backstroke, and he'll try to qualify for London in both of those events this weekend. Teresa Crippen and Matt Elliot, though were unable to qualify in the women's 200 fly and men's 200 breast, respectively.
At the US Track and Field trials in Eugene, Oregon on Friday, former Gator Kerron Clement won his semifinal in the 400 meter hurdles. The 2008 Olympic Silver medalist will try and qualify for this year's games over the weekend. Dedric Dukes (200 meters) and Eddie Lovett (110 meter hurdles) also advanced to the next stages of their respective events.
- Olympic Swimming and Track & Field Qualifying Updates
- Lochte, Phelps Among Stars in Omaha for US Olympic Swim Trials
- McQuay, Claye London Bound! Demps Falls Short at USA Olympic Trials
- Torres Falls Short At US Olympic Swim Trials
- Gator Swimmers Prepare for Olympic Trials
- 2012 Olympic Trials Saturday
- Update: Second Day of Okpara Nelson Trial
- Gator Great Swimmer Dara Torres Considers 2012 Olympics
- Steve Mesler Returns To Gainesville An Olympic Hero
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Swimmer Beisel Now Swimming with the Gators