Olympic Swimming and Track & Field Qualifying Updates
With the 2012 Summer Olympics now just a month away, the spots continue to fill up for a place on the American delegation. At the US Swim trials in Omaha, Nebraska on Thursday, two former Gators extended their chances to earn a trip to London: Teresa Crippen (Women's 200m Fly) finished second in her qualifier with a time of 2:09:59 to earn a spot in the final qualifier on Friday, while current Gator Matt Elliott earned a spot in the 200 meter breast stroke final, also on Friday.
Meanwhile, at the Track and Field Trials in Eugene, Oregon, several former Gators offered the top qualifying spots in their respective divisions on Thursday, although both athletes still have work to do in order to qualify. Kerron Clement reached the semifinals of the men's 400 meter hurdles, and Christian Taylor, Omar Craddock, and Will Claye all reached the final of the men's triple jump. Taylor, Craddock and Claye represent the past 6 NCAA champions in that event.
- Oak Hall and Gainesville take Alachua County Track & Field Titles
- Gator Men's Track & Field Takes Home SEC Outdoor Championship
- Torres Falls Short At US Olympic Swim Trials
- Lochte, Phelps Among Stars in Omaha for US Olympic Swim Trials
- Gemma Spofforth Swims for Mother, Country as 2012 Olympics Approach
- 2008 Beijing Olympic Swimmer Beisel Now Swimming with the Gators
- North Central Florida Competes at State Track and Field
- Local Athletes Stand Out at Jimmy Carnes Track and Field Meet
- Gator Track and Field Mike Holloway, A Coach Among Legends
- Gator Track and Field Return Home After Winning National Championship