Friday Night Lights Back in Gainesville, Gators Add 19th Commit to 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The 8th annual "Friday Night Lights" football camp commenced in the Swamp with hundreds of high school hopefuls vying for a UF scholarship offer.
Some, like Jacksonville defensive end DeMarcus Walker, already received an offer from the school, but used the camp as a last-chance opportunity to get one more look at the coaching staff before making a decision.
Talent from all over the country came to Gainesville, including UF QB-commit Max Staver from Tennessee.
Locals were also in attendance like Gainesville High's Chris Thompson and Tony Allen.
Earlier in the day, Will Muschamp received good news from four-star recruit Antonio Riles.
Riles, a 6-foor-4, 261-pound defensive end, called Muschamp and said the coach was "fired up" after the decision.
The Lawrenceville, GA product marks the 19th Gator commitment to the Class of 2013.
- Friday Night Lights Yields Two More Gator Football Commits
- Gator Football Adds Six Verbal Commits to Class of 2013
- Tebow Back In Gainesville, Meyer Releases Statement
- Gator Football Lands 11th Verbal Commit to Class of 2013
- Gator Hoops Land Big Commit, No. 1 Ranking for Class of 2013
- Sherit Commits to Gators, 20th for Class of 2013
- Future Gators Excited for 2013 Class; Muschamp Gets 2nd Commit for 2014
- Gator Commits Reach 25 for Class of 2013
- Wise And Gator Volleyball Reach 20-Win Plateau for 19th Straight Season
- Gainesville, Santa Fe Fall On Opening Day of Babe Ruth Softball World Series