Speed City Athletics Heading to Junior Olympics
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Alachua County is known for great football and basketball athletes, but sometimes track and field talents get overlooked.
The young boys and girls of Speed City Athletics have worked hard all year, and 34 young athletes will get to experience the Junior Olympics in Houston, Texas.
Speed City Athletics head coach Gary Evans said the team has some favorites for medal contention this year: Shadayzha Bullock, William McKnight a.k.a. "The Missile", and Tamari Davis to name a few.
All athletes are taking the experience as a business trip, but will look to have fun along the way.
- Speed City Athletics Cleans Up at Junior Olympics
- Ocala Athlete Heading To Winter Olympics
- Lake City 9-U All Stars Heading to North Carolina for Southeast Regionals
- Gator Marching Band Heading to London for Olympics
- Local Special Olympic Athletes Win Five Medals in Equestrian Competition
- Former Gator Athlete Wins Olympic Gold In Four-Man Bobsled Competition
- Hitting the Lake: Junior Bassmasters Classic
- NFL Star Junior Seau Found Dead
- Florida Junior CB Marcus Roberson to Declare for NFL Draft
- Gainesville Junior Golf Tour Wraps Up