Vogel Wins U.S. Amateur Publinks Championship
It is a good day for Florida Gator golf and current team member T.J. Vogel, as men's head golf coach Buddy Alexander said. Vogel, a first-team All-SEC selection, won the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship on Saturday afternoon in Midway, Utah. Vogel defeated Kevin Aylwin, an honorable mention and an All-American from UNF, with the match at 12 and 10. With ten holes remaining, Vogel made a birdie on the eighth hole in the afternoon round that ensured his victory. Vogel, a rising senior at Florida, will pack in all the perks with the win. He will have a ten year exemption for future U.S. Amateur Publinks tournaments, exemptions from qualifying for the next two U.S. Amateurs, exemptions from local qualifying for the next three US Opens (provided that he's still of amateur status) and a likely invitation to the 2013 Masters Tournament.
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- Gators Win Regional Championship
- CELTICS WIN CHAMPIONSHIP ON TV20
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins State Championship!
- Stanford Edges Gators to Win NCAA Championship
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- PK Yonge Girls Hoops Wins District Championship
- Vanguard Volleyball Wins 6A State Championship
- Murphy's (Rewritten) Law: Stay Focused, Win Championships
- Gainesville High School Wins Boys and Girls Title in Rob Ramirez City Swimming and Diving Championships