Vogel Wins U.S. Amateur Publinks Championship
It is a good day for Florida Gator golf and current team member T.J. Vogel, as men's head golf coach Buddy Alexander said. Vogel, a first-team All-SEC selection, won the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship on Saturday afternoon in Midway, Utah. Vogel defeated Kevin Aylwin, an honorable mention and an All-American from UNF, with the match at 12 and 10. With ten holes remaining, Vogel made a birdie on the eighth hole in the afternoon round that ensured his victory. Vogel, a rising senior at Florida, will pack in all the perks with the win. He will have a ten year exemption for future U.S. Amateur Publinks tournaments, exemptions from qualifying for the next two U.S. Amateurs, exemptions from local qualifying for the next three US Opens (provided that he's still of amateur status) and a likely invitation to the 2013 Masters Tournament.
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- Purple Hurricanes Win City Championship
- Extra Mayo! Lafayette Wins 1A Volleyball State Championship!
- More Mayo! Lafayette Wins 1A State Softball Championship
- Gator Softball Advances to SEC Tournament Championship with 2-1 Win Over Tennessee
- State Volleyball Championships Start off With Several Wins for North Central Florida
- College of Central Florida Basketball Team Wins NJCAA Championship
- Gymnastics Recounts Exciting Win at SEC Championship
- Gator Track and Field Return Home After Winning National Championship
- DONOVAN, Team USA win U19 World Championship Opener