Countdown to Kickoff: Missouri
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The newest member of the SEC is probably the most questioned heading into the upcoming season.
The Missouri Tigers earned their invitation on November 6th, 2011 and soon became the 14th and final member of college football's toughest conference.
The Tigers are hoping to continue its recent success as one of the most consistent programs in the nation, having earned eight-win seasons in the last six years.
But the sledding gets much tougher in the SEC East, substituting rivals like Kansas and Iowa State for the likes of Georgia and Florida.
Missouri was one of the best in the nation in rushing despite working out of the spread offense.
The Tigers are led by dual-threat quarterback James Franklin, who nearly earned 3,000 yards passing through the air and 1,000 yards on the ground in his first year as starter.
Missouri's defense will have to make adjustments to the pro-style offenses run in their new conference, and keep up with the speed of their new opponents.
But every player for Mizzou is up for the challenge, and ready to earn their respect on the playing field.
- Countdown To Kickoff: Missouri
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Georgia
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Vanderbilt
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Auburn
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Mississippi State
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Florida State
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: LSU
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Ole Miss
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Tennessee
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Kentucky