Former PK Yonge Standout Taylor Asbell Dies
Gainesville- Former PK Yonge softball standout shortstop Taylor Asbell, 19, died of unknown causes Tuesday morning, according to Blue Wave softball Head Coach Paul Silverman.
Asbell, who earned Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Week Honors in 2011, graduated in 2011 and was pursuing course work at Santa Fe College this fall.
Silverman said Asbell was one of the best players in Blue Wave history, finishing her career as the all-time leader in home runs and RBI, and added she was an even better person.
Silverman also said there will be a tribute to Asbell during the next Blue Wave season, and the team is discussing an appropriate and meaningful way to honor her legacy.
- PK Yonge Softball Wins in Memory of Taylor Asbell
- PK Yonge To Honor Taylor Asbell's Memory With Special Night, Memorial Fund
- Friends, Family Remember Taylor Asbell
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Taylor Asbell
- Former Buchholz Football Standout Playing for National Title
- Former GHS Standout Portis To Retire as a Washington Redskin
- Former Trinity Catholic Standout Antonio Allen Drafted in 7th Round
- Former Area Standouts Injured in Spring: UF's Okine, FSU's Jernigan
- Former Gators Taylor, Kearse, Former GHS Star Portis Among Group That Lost $40 Million In Casino Investment
- Former Gator Great Fred Taylor Moves On to Patriots