Gator Volleyball Open Season With Bang, Gator Soccer Battle UNC to Tie
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The young guns for Florida volleyball got their first taste of the regular season.
In front of the largest home opener in Gator history (4,705) No. 18 Florida defeated FIU in straight sets (25-21, 25-14, 25-12) to open the season 1-0 for the ninth-straight season.
Gainesville native Chloe Mann led the Gators with 15 kills.
Junior setter Taylor Brauneis led the Gators with 38 assists.
Florida faces Florida A&M on Saturday at noon, then do battle against former Buchholz standout Gigi Meyer and Florida Gulf Coast at 7:30 p.m.
In NCAA soccer, the Florida Gators battled North Carolina to a 0-0 tie, the first-ever in the team's 10 previous meetings.
- Gator Softball Opens Home Season, Shuts Out UNC Over Weekend
- Gator Soccer Opens Season with 2nd Straight Win
- Gator Volleyball Opens Season with Two Wins
- Gators Volleyball Opens Season Friday
- Gator Baseball Falls to UNC, Season Comes to an End
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Ole Miss, Tied for First in SEC
- Florida Soccer Opens Season with Win over Miami
- Florida Soccer Scores Five in Season Opening Win VS Iowa State
- Gator Lacrosse Ties School Record with 13-1 Start to Season
- Former Gator Horschel Tied For 1st At US Open