Gator Volleyball Open Season With Bang, Gator Soccer Battle UNC to Tie
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The young guns for Florida volleyball got their first taste of the regular season.
In front of the largest home opener in Gator history (4,705) No. 18 Florida defeated FIU in straight sets (25-21, 25-14, 25-12) to open the season 1-0 for the ninth-straight season.
Gainesville native Chloe Mann led the Gators with 15 kills.
Junior setter Taylor Brauneis led the Gators with 38 assists.
Florida faces Florida A&M on Saturday at noon, then do battle against former Buchholz standout Gigi Meyer and Florida Gulf Coast at 7:30 p.m.
In NCAA soccer, the Florida Gators battled North Carolina to a 0-0 tie, the first-ever in the team's 10 previous meetings.
- Gator Softball Opens Home Season, Shuts Out UNC Over Weekend
- Gator Volleyball Opens Season with Two Wins
- Gators Volleyball Opens Season Friday
- Gator Baseball Falls to UNC, Season Comes to an End
- Florida Soccer Opens Season with Win over Miami
- Former Gator Horschel Tied For 1st At US Open
- Foster Chooses UNC Asheville as Soccer Destination
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Quarterback Battle For Gator Football as Spring Camp Opens