Gator Volleyball Sweeps Way to Tournament Title
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The No. 18 Florida Gator volleyball team made quick work of every opponent they faced this weekend, on their way to a 3-0 record and the Campus USA Credit Union Invitational title.
Florida swept Florida A&M in the early Saturday afternoon match (25-11, 25-11, 25-14) and followed that with a three-set victory against Florida Gulf Coast (25-16, 25-19, 25-16) in the evening session.
The Eagles had a couple familiar faces on the court, with former Buchholz Bobcats Gigi Meyer and Christine Pinder leading FGCU.
But the duo were no match for another Gainesville native in Orange and Blue.
Former Eastside Ram Chloe Mann had a season-best 16 kills against Florida Gulf Coast en route to being named tournament MVP.
Gator junior setter Taylor Brauneis and freshman outside hitter Ziva Recek also received All-Tournament team honors.
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps JU in Opening Round of NCAA Tournament
- Gator Volleyball Advances to Elite Eight with Three-Set Sweep Over Michigan, Other Volleyball Scores
- Defense Leads Way for Gator Softball Sweep Over FIU
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Women's Tennis Earns 18th SEC Tournament Title
- Gator Lacrosse Claws Wildcats 14-7, Earn 1st ALC Tournament Title
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Volleyball Finishes Road-Swing-Sweep
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Seminoles