Muschamp Crystal Clear at Gator Football Media Day
GAINESVILLE - The new college football preseason polls are out, and Florida is 23rd in the country.
But the only two numbers Will Muschamp's concerned with are 15 and 11.
Those numbers are unacceptable in his eyes, and Muschamp drove the point home to dozens of media members at Florida's football Media Day.
The Gators limped to a 15-11 record in the past two seasons, and Muschamp believes now is the time for his team to put up or shut up.
Changes have been made to the offensive side of the ball, with true freshman Jacoby Brissett and Jeff Driskel vying to replace John Brantley as Florida's starting quarterback.
But coach quickly pointed out the quarterback battle won't be the only competition during fall practice; wide receiver, cornerback, offensive line, and running back are all question marks moving forward.
Muschamp also challenged the Gator defense to step up the turnover margin.
The unit was ranked 8th in the country in total defense, but 113th in the turnover battle.
The head coach said "loose plays", or plays where an opposing offense is forced into uncomfortable situations, were lacking last season because of an inept Gator offense that couldn't continually put pressure on opponents to have urgency to score.
Florida will try to remedy these issues starting on Friday as fall practice begins.
The home opener against Bowling Green is set for September 1st at 3:30 p.m.
- Gator Football Generations Collide at SEC Media Days
- Meet and Greet: Media Members Speak With Muschamp, Players At UF Media Day
- FSU Media Day Recap, Jimbo Fisher Comments on Relationship with WIll Muschamp
- Marion County Holds First Ever "Football Media Day"
- High School Football Media Day
- Texas DC Muschamp Accepts Gators Football Head Coaching Position
- Gator Football Spring Practice Back Under Muschamp Era
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Gator Hoops Media Day
- Gators Roar at SEC Media Days