Driskel Starting To Draw Tebow Comparisons
GAINESVILLE- In last weekend's win over Tennessee, Florida Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel threw for more than 200 yards and ran for another 81.
Excellent numbers to be sure, but not unfamiliar around Gator Nation.
Demonstrating his skills as a both a passer and runner, Driskel is drawing comparisons to Tim Tebow, and Driskel says those comparisons aren't anything new.
"I've gotten those since high school because of the way we're both built and can run," Driskel said. "But I wouldn't say I try to emulate him."
Still, Driskel's skill set offers the same advantages as Tebow once did for the Gators, forcing defenses to add another defender to stop the run, while at the same time risking a big play coming over the top.
- Brantley Out For LSU, Driskel Expected To Start
- Driskel, Brissett Both Start Opener in 27-14 Gator Victory
- Driskel Named Gators Starting QB Moving Forward
- Driskel Is Heir To Legacy Started By Spurrier
- Muschamp: Driskel Will Start Against Florida State
- Tebow's First Run Draws Cheers From Jags Fans
- Tebow Picture In GQ Draws Criticism
- Signs Pointing To Tebow Starting For Broncos
- Driskel, Brissett Enjoying Gator QB Battle
- Driskel Injures Shoulder: Missed Practice Time Early This Week